Monday, February 20, 2012

The Pursuit of Proverbs31



Ever wonder how to be a Proverbs 31 Woman and not need 48 hours in a day.

Pursuit of Proverbs 31I just finished reading The Pursuit of Proverbs 31 by Amy Bayliss.  

The book was the song of my heart and I do believe that every woman can relate. We know what the Proverbs 31 wife of noble character looks like, but Amy shows us how to reach her modern day heart in this practical guide.

When we consider that God judges the thoughts and attitudes of our hearts it is important to know the heart of Proverbs 31.

Amy covers all aspects of modern day life with practical advice and scripture guidance. Amy consistently asks her readers to check out the scriptures for themselves. Challenging readers to study their bible and come to their own conclusions, making this a life changing study.

The Pursuit of Proverbs31 includes guidance on how to conduct our personal bible study.  I loved how the scriptures are included as passages for you to read and note what God places on your heart during that time. You could re-read this study yearly and consistently learn something new based on where you are in your personal walk with God.

Another thing I liked about the book was how the study / practical side at the end of each chapter was designed. They are also broken down into bite size segments making it easy to understand but also adjustable to your personal needs.

Amy covers everything from our relationship to God, Husband, Children, and Friends to all aspects of Household Management and Our Ministry. Many things in this book inspired me.

1. Our relationship with God is our most important relationship and everything we do should be from the overflow of that relationship.

2. The truth of taking an interest in encouraging our children’s natural abilities and not frustrating them by forcing our desires on them. Our children are unique and should be appreciated as God created them. It has amazed me how much my son has learned about computers from playing games and reading blogs about games and setting them up. Computer games are not something I naturally appreciate but I realized their value for him.

3.   When Amy talked about planning on being broke. Matthew 6 took on a whole new meaning for me. It motivated me to reevaluate my whole view of planning for the future.  

Those are just some snips of what I gained from reading through The Pursuit of Proverbs31. I plan on joining Christin at Joyful Mothering for a more in-depth study of this book. 

A quote from Christin’s blog:, 

“On Monday, March 5th, we are going to begin right here on Joyful Mothering, with chapter 1.
There will be exclusive videos of Amy, sharing her heart with you and even including some things, which are not in the book.
There will be printables for you, and the community here is open for the taking.”

Pursuit of Proverbs 31If you are interested in joining the 10-week study hosted at Joyful Mothering each Monday from March 5th – May 7th, just click the above link and sign on up. I cannot wait to see what more Amy has in store for me and of course I will be blogging about its effect on my daily walk. 

To Purchase a copy of the ebook, “Pursuit of Proverbs 31“.  Just click on the title links in this post. It is only $4.99 and releases on Feb. 27th
Will you join us for this study?