Thursday, March 29, 2012

Choosing the Armor of God



When the boys were little I loved listening to Christian Kids music. During a particular lonely time in my young motherhood I was blessed with a great christian radio station in Texas. I would spend my days looking out the window and listening to the radio. 

I would gaze out the window people watching while listening to Adventures in Odyssey, and the Sugar Creek gang, those were in a way very peaceful days.

Upon waking in our studio apartment, grabbing breakfast I would sit on our air mattress in front of the window. Grab lunch and back to the window. I would not go far because our apartment was one room with the door on one end and a big window on the other. My kingdom could be surveyed with the turn of my head yet my days were wonderful and I was at peace. 

Why the walk down memory lane? I am struggling with my Giants, the big scary medical profession. I want to Google things like "WebMD, Wiwi Answers," and yes I have a few questions for them.

I am reminded that Giants are big and scary but they can be slain with a few single words. These are the words my brain are currently playing:

God is bigger than the boogieman 
He's bigger than Godzilla or the Monster on TV
Oh God is bigger than the boogieman
and He's watching out for you and me
So are you frighten, no not really
are you worried not a bit
I know that whatever going to happen that God can handle it
by Veggie tales

David faced a giant using these four items in 1 Samuel 17:
32 David said to Saul, Let no-one lose heart on account of this Philistine; your servant will go and fight him.

1. He did not lose heart.

44 Come here, he said, and I'll give your flesh to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field!

2. He did not let the taunts of the enemy deter him.

    45 David said to the Philistine, You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

3. He knew who was fighting for him.
47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands.

4. He knew where the credit belonged.

With lab results may yell at me from their envelopes, doctors saying something is wrong, that undefined something and more test may be ran but I will face my giants with:
Ephesians 6:13-15  
Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled round your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
Choosing to wear the full armor of God, will you join me in choosing to facing your giants? God is bigger than the boogieman and He's watching out for you and me.

If you enjoyed this post, please stay awhile and read and choose to share Edwards Granddaughter with a friend. You can also subscribe by email and like us on Facebook, join us on Pinterest and Twitter.
SomeGirlsWebsite.com