Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reviewing How to Live and Not Die as I am Booking Through Thursday



Welcome to my Book Review and Booking Through Thursday Post, this week question: What are your literary “pet peeves”?


The answer is:

It is hard for me to have a literary pet peeve. Literature is an art form and so we appreciate the works that speak to us, the ones that evoke an emotional response. The main thing that annoys me about today’s literature it that is can be so hard to put out a literary masterpiece from all that is being published.
 
I would spend hours as a girl in the library reading, knowing that the next book would be just as good as the first. In the years of quick publishing the quality of literature has suffered and that is a pet peeve. With so many great books to reading, I get upset when I have wasted time and or money on a book that was not great or inspiring. 


Source: amazon.com via Eileen on Pinterest
My Book Review this week: How to Live and Not Die by Norvel Haynes

How to Live and Not Die is a short and enjoyable read, you almost feel as thought you are one of his Miracle and Healing services. The majority of the book is about teaching you to prayer for your own healing by praying the scriptures. He encourages you to build God a habitation with your praise and worship daily.


Welcome God into your home and daily life with a consistent praise and worship.  


Norvel reminds us that 
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. {James 1:17}
The things he invites you to do in order to claim those gifts are:

  • submit to god which is first and most important 
  • expect results when you prayer and he will provide
  • confess God's word, use the scriptures in your prayers
  • Show God you trust him, know that you have the victory -- don't just wonder.
  • Jesus is to me, right now, what I confess Him to be
  • to put the gospel first
  • Be certain of your faith and victory, double mindedness will cause you to miss out on the will of god
  • write down all the scriptures pertaining to your type of healing or victory
  • Remember that your souls comes first and your healing second  
 This book asked me the hard question, "Why did I feel unworthy?" I do not prayer about my health nearly as much as I could or should. I expect God to take care of everything else but I am taking care of my own health. I will be choosing to change how I prayer and I will be including my health. I hope to build my prayer life enough that I can be confident in God’s blessing in all areas of my life.
1 Peter 2:24He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed.
Choosing to share my love of books. What are you choosing today?
If you enjoyed this post, please stay awhile and read and choose to share Edwards Granddaughter with a friend. You can also subscribe by email and like us on Facebook, join us on Pinterest and Twitter. You can also email me @ Edwardsgranddaughter.gmail.com.