Thursday, June 14, 2012

Reviewing The Next Story as I am Booking Through Thursday


Welcome to my Book Review and Booking Through Thursday Post, this week question:

Have you ever bought a book, started reading it and then realised you have already read it? If so, how far did you get? (Can you tell this happened to me for the first time ever this week!?!)
And–did you keep reading??

The answer is: no, I have yet to buy a book and realize that I already read it. I would probably return the book. Forgetting it would indicate that it was not that great during the first read. 

My Book Review this week:

Source: amazon.com via Eileen on Pinterest




I listened to the audio copy of The Next Story: Life and faith after the Digital explosion by Tim Challies. If you want to take a serious look at your life in relation to God and social media this is  the perfect book for you. I listened to this book twice manly because I enjoyed it so much and it does give you a way to find balance in your life. 

Challies tells us that technology is neither  inherently good nor evil but it is our use of anything we create that makes them either good or evil. We can either choose to use these items to glorify God or evil.
I gained a lot from listen to The Next Story and would recommend that it be read more than one. 

I help me realize that my migraine meds are good as long as they lead to my glorifying God. It remind me that my words on this blog are powerful and can be used to up lift my reader or beat the down. 

Great Questions I was left to ponder:
  • Am I using my blog to bring love or death to its readers? 
  • Am I using the internet as a mediator between God, people and me? 
  • Am I thinking deeply and using this blog to sharpen the minds of others?  
  • What does my data trail say about me? 
  • Is technology taking over my life / am I allowing it to take over my life?
  • Am I making communication a idol in my life? 
This book is a good heart check.

Choosing to share my love of books. What are you choosing today?


If you enjoyed this post, please stay awhile and read and choose to share Edwards Granddaughter with a friend. You can also subscribe by email and like us on Facebook, join us on Pinterest and Twitter. You can also email me @ Edwardsgranddaughter.gmail.com.